Sunday, December 10, 2006

even if

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ESCf1BaW7yc
hirai ken's life is~another story~

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UafhX68JyqM
ken hirai's even if

I said I just found this place by chance, but
The truth is, I've been wanting to bring you here for a long time

The candlelight wavers gently and at the counter
You gaze happily at the ring he gave you
Drops of me don't fall on your heart, but
Until this bourbon and cassis soda is gone
You, you are mine

Lock the door, stop time
So that you can't leave here
I wonder if I'm starting to get a litte drunk
This is really how I feel, though
You should get a little drunk, too
And you should lean against my shoulder
But once again I swallowed all the words And looked away from you

Whenever the conversation cuts off and our time wanders
You always just talk about him over and over

Even though I thought I wanted to know anything about you
I lit a cigarette just to interrupt the words

Your glass is filled by someone else
When you've finished this bourbon and cassis soda
Will you, will you return to his breast?

Lock the door, wait for the last train
So that you can't go home
Now I'm just being conceited, but
This is really how I feel
You should just get drunk, too
And you should forget about him
But you swallowed the last of the bourbon
And looked at your watch

Well, I'm quite drunk now, but
It's all your fault
Lock the door, wait for the last train
Stop time

*there was another translation i found on corichan. there were two main disprecancies, which btw, if you translate word for word, as i have done, will find that this version which i posted up, thanks to megchan, is the more accurate one.

the first point of contention:
I just happened to notice you," I said a while back,
but the truth is, I wanted to come & take you from a long time ago.

the second:
The conversation pauses; everytime the time wanders when we're together,
you always just repeat everything he says

my point is that if corichans' translation stood, it would have been nice as well.

especially the part about repeating everything he says.

kare/ kanojo. he(boyfriend)/ her(girlfriend)
have you ever realised the immense potential of these two simple words to wreak emotional pain?

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home