Wednesday, September 03, 2008

autumn

i am looking forward to the second half of September.

firstly, because while i might not be going Cagliari after all, i will end up in Zagreb. to be honest, in july, i was already considering Zagreb. then the Cagliari option came up, but closed. and i managed to find cheap tickets to Zagreb. so you can say all roads lead to Zagreb.

upon more research, i realised that i might have made a mistake in my planning, because Dubrovnik seems to be the place to go in Croatia. while i can change my plans, i have decided against it because the 11 hour journey to Dubrovnik from Zagreb is really arduous, and i want to see this trip as a relaxing one.

of course i would want to see the main sights in Zagreb and get myself to Ljubljana (Slovenian capital), but i also want to go to the markets, sit in cafes/pubs, people watch, relax, sun myself and maybe shop to take advantage of the lower standard of living in Croatia( or at least i hope so)

i will get myself to Dubrovnik somehow, but next time round.

but i believe this would be a good break- a much needed break. the last pit stop, you can say.

and hopefully the last time i travel alone.

but i will still stick to my stand:
if there is no suitable player, don't buy.
if there is no need to buy, don't buy.
if you have to go alone, you go alone.

another date i am looking forward to is the 22nd September. this is when Autumn supposedly begins. this will be my first ever Autumn.

Autumn is probably my favourite season, despite the fact that i have never really experienced Autumn myself.

Autumn immediately conjures up the following images:
-falling leaves
-a girl playing the violin
-a smile laced with tears

melancholy. the season of loneliness.

of course i will also be going back to Cologne on my way to Brussels. i have come to miss Cologne a little, because i after all lived there for 6 months. in the 3 hours i have there, i will go back to my old house, my old neighbourhood, see if the people are still around. take the photos i never took.

Going to Brussels also give me a second chance to do some things i never did the last time round. i won't let slip the opportunity.

2 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

every season seems to be the season of loneliness for you.

i hope its the last time you have to travel alone too, vay-ix

maybe the new neighbour might help ;)

7:13 AM  
Blogger PS said...

hey! check this out and tell me what you think :)

http://uk.youtube.com/watch?v=LWNWmpZfzRs

5:27 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home