Monday, November 27, 2006

songs for 2007

As 2007 approaches, if I ever have to choose, I will save these 20 songs to bring into the new year.

1. Glamorous Sky nakashima mika
A whole year has passed since this song found itself in my world. And amazingly, every time I listen to my mp3, I must listen to it. It says so much about how much I love it. It’s just so restless. And at the same time, I understood why nana(aoi miyazaki, not mika) said she was very moved by this song. Both the original and the acoustic versions please.
“nemurenaiyo! (they don’t sleep!)”

2. Endless Story yuna ito
I can’t get enough of this song either. It’s a cover of some old English song, I think. When I hear it, I just think of the part in Nana, when nana jumped off the train, and that line: in the beginning of spring, when there was still snow, our relationship ended. Because that scene was in the middle of trapnest’s performance of endless story. Just listen to it.
“it’s so hard to say I am sorry”

3. Precious yuna ito
I was very moved by this song. And when it comes on at the end of umizaru 2, it’s so magical. It’s the perfect song for umizaru 2. Soothing, yet powerful. And the lyrics are super. And in a way, I think it reflects my feelings.
“I promise you, I won’t be lost anymore.”

4. Amaenbo otsuka ai
I think it’s a very sweet song, with a sweet melody and sweet lyrics. Very simple but very, very sweet.
“hug me even tighter, don't ever let go”
5. Mikazuki ayaka
I think it’s a very beautiful song. Just tugs at your heart. The way she sings it seems to pull your heart apart. That is the feeling I get. I think you just get sucked into the melody.
“even in the nights without you like that, no more cry. I won’t cry anymore.”

6. Michishirube~ the road home orange range
I always feel inspired when I hear this song. It’s about dreams and ideals. Being true to yourself. And the mv is super nice. Of course there was one guy playing football, in an Arsenal jersey.
“Go! Ways”

7. Konayuki remioromen
I like the live rock feel of this song. I love the starting part, the percussion when it comes on. And the lyrics are very well-written as well. There’s a long of yearning in this song.
“Yet, I found you out of a hundred million people”

8. Cassis gazette
I think it’s a bit like konayuki. The kind of melancholic rock, that’s my own definition of what the song is like. It just moves you along.
“somehow, don’t let go of this hand”

9. 痴心绝对 李圣杰
The lyrics are very, very sad. And the way the chorus turns out is very…emotional. A bit of heart wrenching feeling. Think it’s the beat at the end of each verse. But it was a song that accompanied me for a while a long time ago. I recently rediscovered it, you might say.
“明知道让你离开他的世界不可能会 我还傻傻等到奇迹出现的那一天”

10. Bad Day daniel powter
The first time I heard it was when I saw the mv on channel 51. And I got hooked. A very simple song, but yet so meaningful. I think it cheated, because I love the mv a lot. So the mv must have played a big part in etching this song in my memory. But it happens to everyone, so I guess that’s why it’s easy to relate to.
“Where is the moment when you need it the most?”

11. Sign mr children
The song for Sae and Kai in Orange Days. It’s like the sea that just carries you along, in its slow, somewhat soothing rhythm. The song really reminds me of orange days. The lyrics are kind of touching, about the past, and about how you want to do things again, when you get that second chance. It’s very Kai, I guess.
“We keep repeating ‘thank you’ and ‘I'm sorry’”

12. Sangatsu Kokonoka remioromen
I like the mv a lot. And the melody is quite touching. But it’s not a sad song. It’s more about challenges and facing them. Something like that. About life, I should say. I think remioromen sang it with a lot of heart.
“I stand at the entrance to a new world. And I am not the only one who realizes this.”

13. Denkmal wir sind helden
I got styled by this song. I think Judith sounded a little nonchalant? I feel that the song is very funky. And the lyrics are quite interesting.
“Get the sledgehammer. They built us a monument. Yet every idiot knows that the love is over.”

14. Should I stay dreamz fm
Are they really the dreamz fm I know? When I listen to this song, I get the feeling that you are in a car, driving, speeding and listening to this sad song.
“You played me on, played me like a clown”

15. 胡思乱想 k one and ivy
I think this song is really a bit dreamy, like what the title says. There’s a bit of nonchalance about it as well. And it feels a little like summer. When you just sit in the sun and daydream. I like Ivy’s voice, think it contrasts nicely with the guys. And her voice is a little stylish as well.
“現在你是否和我一樣 懶懶對天空胡思亂想”

16. To Me boo bee benz/ otsuka ai
Personally, I prefer otsuka ai’s live version in the drama Tokyo Friends. I like the lyrics a lot. Very touching and meaningful. About finding yourself, living your dreams. Interestingly, there are different sets of lyrics for the two versions. I think the main idea’s the same though.
“hey, who are you?”

17. Bokura no Te attack all around
I fell in love with this song when I saw their live performance of it. The girls were crying. It was very emotional. They put a lot into it, and it was the last song. The live version is much nicer than the studio one.
“what can I catch with my hand?”

18. Mata Aimashou seamo
It’s a very catchy song. But the lyrics are very, very sad. I was shocked when I saw the lyrics. It just has to be here, by virtue of its lyrics at least. Although I would very much prefer it to be sad melody plus sad lyrics.
“I was really happy (I was really happy too)”

19. Symphonie silbermond
Still the ultimate German song. I still like the feeling about this song. It’s one of two songs from last year’s list. I am beginning to like the starting more and more, when she just starts to sing.
“If we stand here in the rain, with nothing more to give, it’s better to give up.”

20. Hana orange range
The other song from last year. Still has a big part in my life. The lyrics are meaningful, a little flowery, like its title. It’s seriously funky, yet moving.
“why am I here, why are you here, why could I find you, it was fate that I meet you”

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home