Tuesday, December 25, 2007

Songs for 2008

1. Nakashima Mika’s Glamorous Sky
I would love to watch Mika’s Acoustic Version at MSSL’05 again. But I do think this is the closest you can get to my favorite song.
2. Yuna Ito’s Precious
I still think of the way time stops when this song comes on at the end of Umizaru 2. And the lyrics is just so beautiful.
3. Yuna Ito’s Endless Story
This song goes hand in hand with the scene where NANA recollects her parting, which IMO is one of the two best scenes in Nana, the other being the part where she belts out Glamorous Sky.
4. Nakashima Mika’s Hitoiro
Teru says that if the feeling of being alone in a Tokyo winter were to be encapsulated in one word, then that word is Hitoiro.
5. Park Hyo Shin with Lisa: With You
Absolutely love the mv. Even though I never found the lyrics, it’s still such a powerful song.
6. Anyband’s Promise You
This song utilises all the talents of the Anyband members, but for me, it’s still about BoA, especially the way her voice sort of cracks when she sings ‘Promise You…’
7. Utada Hikaru’s Flavor of Life~Ballad Version~
My spine tingles when this song comes on. Utada back to her best.
8. Ayaka’s I Believe
This song goes hand in hand with Ando Miki’s skating displays. Anyway the lyrics are very meaningful and inspirational.
9. I Wish’s Asu E No Tobira
One of the few songs that capture your attention on the first hearing.
10. X-Japan’s Tears
One of the classics.
11. Clazziquai’s Lover Boy
Alex and Horan are even better live, I thought.
12. BoA’s Key of Heart
Her nicest song since Waiting. Not quite the same type, but at least equally nice, if not nicer. MV is Olympus’ CF
13. Nakashima Mika’s Helpless Rain
I like the feel of this song. And ‘uso demo ii’ is one of the most impactful phrases I have ever heard.
14. Silbermond’s Symphonie
I just like this kind of song. Melancholic rock. Although in terms of lyrics, Nena’s Liebe Ist and Herbert Groenemeyer’s Der Weg really came very close to displacing it.
15. Mr Children’s Sign
Still a very special song.
16. Younha’s I Cry
I started listening to Younha because of this song.
17. Jay Chou and Lara’s 珊瑚海
Every time I hear it, I think of Taipei.
18. Daniel Powter’s Bad Day
I think everyone needs to listen to this song at some point or another.
19. Orange Range’s Michishirube
Great song to psyche yourself up. Especially with the MV.
20. Hei He Zi’s 好朋友
Still one of the nicest songs after so many years.

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

you had some great music on your list. some I hadn't heard of before but I'm definitely going to check the ones I haven't heard out

10:25 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home