Wednesday, February 06, 2008

happy unchinese new year

i am officially not a chinese.

some time ago, i went to an asian supermarket with a friend. the cashier spoke to her in chinese, and when my turn came, she spoke to me in german.

just today, we went to a korean eatery. somehow, the lady speaks chinese. she spoke to my friends in chinese, and to me in german.


and just a few hours ago, the waitress and the chef at this sushi place guessed, as they always do with asian customers, that i was korean.


in Duesseldorf, all the shops i went, they spoke to me in jap.


the only conclusion i can come to is that at the korean place, she thought i was jap, and at the asian supermarket, she thought i was korean.

the irony of being discriminated by asians here. not that i am complaining. it is just amusing, isn't it?

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Happy CNY! Greetings from home. sounds rather exciting over there :)

M

4:27 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home