Thursday, April 23, 2009

Dream within a Dream

"I had a weird dream yesterday. It was a dream within a dream. In my dream, I dreamt that I dreamt of her. And in my dream, I woke up to write it down, because it was such a beautiful dream that I didn't want to forget it, but wanted to write it down, for one day my memory would fail me, but the words on the paper would recreate the dream.

I woke up, and the page was blank.

I can't remember much of it; dreams are ever so elusive, so wily. They are always so clear, so vivid, but slip away when you wake, with barely a trace, except the most painful one- that they were there just a moment ago.

But this dream within a dream was careless. Or perhaps it had done so intentionally. I remember we were holding hands, but not the way a couple would. She told me that we couldn't be together. I can't remember if she said this while we were holding hands. But I remember accepting it as though it was the most natural thing to do, like floating on the ocean, letting yourself be rocked by the waves, drifting and drifting.

In my dream, we spent a long time together. She was holding my hand, and I felt safe. Even if her words should probably have hurt me."

"You still love her, don't you? Even though it has been so long…even though you say you are over her…but the fact is, you have never stopped loving her. Out of habit; because there wasn't anybody else, whatever your excuse, you have been hanging on to this love.

Hey, why don't you let her go? Why don't you set yourself free?"

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home