Wednesday, December 21, 2005

2006 approaches. It has been a year. I was looking through old stuff, there was this list of songs that I said I would take with me into 2005. I thought I would make another one for 2006.

1. 再一次拥有 gong shi jia
It is like the sequel of ai chen’s 爱是如此不容易. Slow, sad, wintry feeling.
“能不能再听一次你说爱我”

2. Hana orange range
I think this song absolutely rocks. The lyrics are very meaningful, the PV is very nice and it is the nicest Orange Range song. I didn’t realize that it was actually the theme song of the movie Be With You. It is very catchy too. I love the way they rap. And the “Motto, motto, motto” (bigger, bigger and bigger) part.
“why am I here, why are you here, why could I find you, it was fate that I meet you”
“your joy, your pain, your everything go on, bloom in full, bigger, bigger, and bigger.”

3.Missing You Fly to the Sky
The more I listen to this song, the more I come to like it. There is this tinge of longing in it. The MV was very nice, it was set in some European city; I have yet to find out which is it.
“Please listen to my heart just once; every day, every night I am missing you”

4. Goodbye Fly to the Sky
This is the song which really got me to notice FTTS. I thought they sang it very well. Their vocals blended nicely, and the lyrics were very sad. So was the MV, which I liked a lot. It just feels so heart-wrenching.
“Don't talk, just leave me a smile and go.”
“Goodbye…………”

5. I was born to love you Queen
If there were no Pride, I wouldn’t have known about this song. I think the guitarist is very good. It is very energetic and whenever I hear it, I thought of the drama, thought of Haru skating furiously, and I know somehow, I can’t lose out. So, in a way it psyches me up.
“Born to love you, born to love you, every single day, of my life”

6.一个人生活 lin fan
I know it is a very old song. From 2000 or 2001 I think. It is a song from my past. It was only recently that I finally got its mp3, so now I can listen to it anytime I want. She has very powerful vocals and the song sort of just echoes in your heart. The emptiness,
loneliness and all.
“行人道没有行人走过”

7. Sora ni Utaeba 175R
I first caught their performance on TV in Japan. Then back in Singapore, I watched kouhaku, and was immediately hooked. If you really look at the lyrics, it is very meaningful. It is about friendship.
“In those days we stood there without a word, gazing this way”

8. Long Road W-inds
This song became quite catchy in the end. It was quite ordinary at first, as in it was nice but not that world-class. Anyway I like their dance and the rap part a lot. I kind of like the lyrics too.
“In actual fact, I was searching for myself.”
“There is nothing more to lose”

9.Story Ai
It is one of the few songs that stick to me from the first time. It is very hard to explain why it is so. It is the kind of song that somehow makes you reflect.
“That’s why I will never ever give up.”

10. Poison Sorimachi Takashi
Theme song of GTO. I think this song serves as a beacon, to remind us to keep believing, especially when we start to lose ourselves in the chaos of this world. The lyrics is something I really hold dear, because of the simple message.
“Always, I want to keep believing...Until the very end, I want to keep thinking... that there has to be some meaning to my life.”

11. Forever Sorimachi Takashi
Theme song of Beach Boys. Like Poison, this song is quite old. They are recently rediscovered. There is just this beach feeling, being with your friends. And I sort of remember the drama, even though it was from so long ago.
“Ah…Forever your love(forever your friend)”

12. Symphonie Silbermond
This song stuck to me. I think it is very stylish. There is this tinge of melancholy within it. Hearing it just sort of lead me to imagine myself at their concert, and hearing them sing. I felt that the lyrics were elegantly written.
“Because if we stand here in the rain, having nothing more to give, perhaps it is better for us to give up.”

13. Take My Heart Band ohne Namen
It is half English, half German. I admit it is very pop, but who cares. It just sticks to you, the sadness and all, Band ohne Namen strumming away. But I guess what stood out must be the German lyrics.
“Where did we come from, and where are we headed? How much more must I learn, to understand you, how much further must I go, to be beside you?”

14. All Standard is You glay
Saw them on Music Station. I fell in love with this song immediately. But it was this early that I got its mp3. When Teru sang all the anata parts, it was so cool, the way he held the mike. I just feel that this song is very cool, with its own tinge of melancholy. I think the best part must be the change of pace.
“There isn't a day that I don't wish for your happiness”

15. Ai no Tameni ueto aya
There is this optimism burning within this song, against all odds, trying to make the relationship work. The saxophone(I think) is very cool, playing behind, contributing to the liveliness of the song.
“It’s just for the sake of love.”

16. 是你变了吗 光良
You have to listen to the lyrics. It is hauntingly sad.
“多想听你说服自己并没有变”

17. Tentai Kansoku Bump of Chicken
It is the only song from last year’s list, I realized. So, it withstood the ravages of time and my own emotions. Having watched the PV, I think I understand this song even better. It’s about a promise, between friends. Maybe, based on the drama, between two friends who are closer than that.
“and at 2 in the morning like before, I run to the railroad crossingshall we begin, star gazing... even if you don't come after two minutes”

18. Tsuki no Shizuku Rui(Shibasaki Kou)
I didn’t realize Rui was Shibasaki Kou. Anyway this song is also haunting in terms of its melody. The lyrics was quite poetic.
“The waning moon sings of the love that continues eternally”

19. Half Light Athlete
I think this song is very cool and the way it is sung, its like very slick that kind. It is quite a different kind of song, I thought.
“So when I see you next, we’ll make the most of it, get the sun to start moving again”

20. I For You Luna Sea
Very old song again. I like the ‘live’ feel of this song. It is melancholic rock, somewhat like Symphonie. I like the last part when they go “I for you…WOOOOOAH…” and then the guitar comes in. FANTASTIC. Then the chorus again.
“From the bottom of my heart, I love you.”

1 Comments:

Blogger Fiery Dragon said...

wad bout ur prefect XI of 2005?

5:14 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home