Sunday, June 24, 2007

VIF

Venprek Internacio Flehavaar, 14 September 2007, 11:52 p.m.

Arriving back in Venprek, I can’t help but think that the airport is both the happiest and saddest place in the world. Happiest, because I see the people around me, locked in embraces, which must be the happiest in the world. Because people who belong to one another are finally reunited, however long their separation might have been. Saddest, because just a floor above, people are locked in embraces which must be the saddest in the world. Because people who belong to one another are being separated, however long they might have been together.

If the airport were a person, what turmoil must her heart go through each day?

As soon as I step out of the airport, I realize one thing. In spite of global warming, the weather here is still starting to turn cool at this time of the year. Just like for as long as I remember.

And I begin to hope that it is really possible to leave a place for two years and come back to find that nothing has changed, as though everything has been frozen for storage.

But I know that’s impossible.

You have changed. I don’t know you anymore.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home