Wednesday, September 12, 2007

last sunset

“I’ll be back for Christmas.”

“Is that a promise?”

“Yes, that’s a promise.”

“Will you miss me?” you suddenly asked with a twinkle in your eye.


“Hey, even though I won’t know what we will be like a year from now…”

“Uh huh?”

You shook your head and smiled. “No, nothing.”
**

“She’s coming back soon, isn’t she?”

“Who?”

“Alyssa.”

“Yeah.”

“You don’t seem very excited.”

“Actually I don’t know what to feel.”

“Why?”

“I don’t know if we can be like what we used to be. Two forces are tangling within me: excitement and fear.”

“And fear is winning.”

“Not really. It’s a draw.”

“Whatever it is, you will find out. In the meantime, I think you shouldn’t think about it.”
**

I don’t know what will happen to us when we meet again after so long.

Will you still be the same you, that I have known for 5 years? Will I be the same me that you have known for 5 years? Would I even want you to stay the same; would you even want me to stay the same?

Will we rekindle the magic? What if the magic is lost?

What will I do?
**

A year ago, we were here, looking at your last Venprek sunset in a year.

You did not say what you wanted to say.

But I know.

Countless tides, footsteps might have erased it, but I saw those words, those words that you wrote in the sand the day before you left.

“But we should have no regrets.”

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home