Thursday, October 09, 2008

An Interview

First of all, a very warm welcome. So how is life after leaving your old team for a new challenge?

Life is good. Of course it takes some time to get used to a different league, but I think I have gotten used to it. It is always hard to leave, but it was an offer I couldn’t refuse.

What is the difference between your old team and your new team?

Well, you can say that I inherited my old team; it was given to me. And it was almost perfect. I mean it still is. But a spark was always lacking. A player who can bring something special to the team was lacking.

A playmaker?

A playmaker, a winger, a forward, the position is not important. That special player can always find that extra something to lift the team, wherever he plays.That was the player we were missing.

What about your new team?

Well, it is nothing like the old team, of course. We have to start from scratch. Everything is very new, at a very early stage. We have to get to know one another and see where we can go from there.

Coming from a different league, is there added pressure to prove your worth, to justify your position in the team?

Of course there will always be doubts. These doubts will never be dispelled. But I don’t really intend to worry about it. People who know me know what I am about, and people will slowly get to know me and understand what I am about. So I don’t have to worry about convincing anyone.

What are some of the challenges that you face with your new team?

Well first of all it takes time to develop the chemistry that we had in the old team. And maybe we will never achieve that. We shall see. Another thing is of course that I have to rebuild the team all over again. It may seem rather daunting, but I am actually looking forward to it, because it is like a blank canvas. But of course it is not easy to find the right components.

Such as?

Well, we are definitely in the market for a player who can galvanise the team.

It seems that there are quite a few players on the market who fit the bill.

Well, you only need one Cesc Fabregas, don’t you? It’s the same principle. We only need one. Of course the passport is not important. If you are good, you are good.

The new season is finally starting. What are your objectives?

Champions, champions. That has never changed.

But how optimistic really are you about your chances?

Well, I think it is most important that we keep the title race alive. Away games will be very important as well. We have to be ready to get a result away from home. And of course, we have to make our homeground a fortress.

Well, we thank you for the interview.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home