Friday, January 19, 2007

いつかのメリークリスマス

itsuka no merry christmas. i think i am beginning to understand why people in japan love this song so much.

http://youtube.com/watch?v=XHGkMQZXz9A
itsuka no merry christmas + ocean ,mssl 23rd december 2005

how was 2006's mssl? i would like to know.

but itsuka no merry christmas, it is the kind of song that grows on you.

just a slight tinge of melancholy. a lingering look at the past. on christmas day, you stand on your rooftop far far away from the bustle of the city heart, gaze at the bright lights, the fireworks, and think about that long ago christmas.

itsuka no merry christmas
words: koshi inaba, music: tak matsumoto

The lights of December begin to light up slowly
Anyone would fall in love with the busily dancing city

I ran, and just as the stores were closing,
I bought the chair that you wanted
Carrying the package on the train by myself, I was happy

I thought that we would always be together, hand in hand
With everything glittering, I chased my dreams recklessly
Thinking the day would come that we shared all our happiness and sadness
We smiled at each other, on that faded, long ago merry Christmas

Singing while hurrying along the railroad tracks to your house
I opened the door, and you were busy making dinner

When I proudly showed you your present, you were so happy
Seeing your smile, I held you honestly again

I thought that we would always be together, hand in hand
With everything glittering, I chased my dreams recklessly
For the first time I was afraid that you would leave me
I realized what it was to love someone, on that long ago merry Christmas

While looking at the candle light coloring the room,
I said we wouldn't part
After that, without knowing why, I suddenly cried

Standing here, someone hurridly passes by me
Carrying a package, with a happy face

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home